Monday, September 1, 2014

Inertia Resource



I chose this video, because Khan Academy is used by Asheville School teachers, so I know it is a reliable source and will not give me false information. This video exemplified the difference between mass and inertia. Although the assignment did not involve mass, the comparison helped me to better understand inertia itself. Inertia is the property of an object that determines how hard it is to change the velocity of that object. Resistance à acceleration. Mass is a measure of how resistant an object is to acceleration, or in other words, a measure of inertia. Inertial mass and gravitational mass are equivalent, because they measure the exact same thing. This video was beneficial to me, because it helped me understand that the mass of an object can determine it's inertia. Knowing this information helped me to better grasp the concept of inertia.


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! The only thing that could possibly make it better would be a paragraph break between your personal reasons and explanations of the videos legitimacy and then the actual break down of inertia and the science of it. Other than that it is really clear and I would definitely use it if I was confused on homework.

    ReplyDelete